foods of the world - photography competition
deptford, greenwich and the docklands play an important role in the diversity of food that is a central part of multicultural london. for centuries, nearby warehouses were full of ingredients from across the world, including rare foodstuffs introduced to the UK by migrant communities. today that legacy lives on in the diversity of food that can be found in the local area. fruit, vegetables, nuts, oils and spices from every continent are easy to find in deptford, and most came here by cargo ship.
how to enter
- take a photo of an ingredient that you found somewhere in the local area. it could be a piece of fruit on a deptford market stall, a rare spice from a specialist local food shop, something you've grown yourself or any other food ingredient that interests you. you don't need a fancy camera - a smartphone will do!
- upload your photo to any image hosting platform (facebook, instagram, flickr etc.) and then enter it via the form.
- don't forget to fill in your contact details, so you can be contacted in case you win. your contact details won't be used for any other reason.
if, for any reason, you or someone you know is unable to enter through the entry form, please get in touch via the contact page and we'll do our best to make alternative arrangements.
the winner will be chosen by locally-based african food collective The Groundnut, and will receive £50 and a copy of The Groundnut Cookbook.
All submissions will be considered for inclusion in the finished artwork.
rules, terms and conditions
- entry signifies consent to all rules, terms and conditions
- photographs and accompanying text must be entirely your own work
- you may enter as many times as you like, but each photograph must constitute a separate entry
- all entries may be used in the process and creation of the finished artwork
- the artist is under no obligation to use any entry
- the prize is as stated. no cash alternative or substitute may be requested
- the judges' decision is final, and no correspondence on this subject will be entered into
- the closing date for entries is the 21st november 2016. no entries will be accepted after this date